Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are different groups of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to establish a web site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by various hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the tasks at hand between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous webspace hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a big number of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is typically free. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to administering your email box accounts. Some providers provide site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video files as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific web content exclusively.